Simple bread recipe: no grains, no sugar, just a magical plantain, an egg substitute, and a few short minutes in the oven.
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 15 min
Total Time 20 min
- 1 medium plantain, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp flax meal stirred into 6 tbsp boiling water*
- 3 Tablespoons all-natural almond butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. Combine plantain and flax meal mixture in blender until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 4. Pour into 8″ round oiled pie pan or springform pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow your flax and hot water to sit for at least five minutes to gel.